Places You Can Find Free Tax Info
Author: Jason Buzi / Date: August 6, 2023 / Tags: financial freedom
(MoneyHippo.com) – As tax season begins, we’ve been on the hunt for free or low cost tax help. It may seem like a farce, however there are a handful of lesser known places where you can get taxes resources for absolutely free or at a low cost compared to traditional tax services. We’ll list some resources we’ve found that have helped us in filing our taxes:
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) website: The IRS website offers a wealth of information on tax laws, forms, and instructions. You can also find information on tax credits and deductions, as well as answers to frequently asked tax questions.
- Tax preparation software: Many tax preparation software companies offer free or low-cost versions of their software for individuals with simple tax situations. These software programs can help you prepare and file your taxes online.
- Public libraries: Many public libraries have tax preparation materials, including tax forms and instructions, that you can borrow or use on site.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program: The IRS VITA program provides free tax preparation assistance to individuals who qualify. You can find a VITA location near you by using the VITA locator tool on the IRS website.
- Tax professionals: Some tax professionals, such as certified public accountants (CPAs) or enrolled agents, may offer free consultations or advice to help you understand your tax situation.
It’s important to remember that not all tax information available for free is reliable, so always double check the source of the information and the credentials of the information provider.
Copyright 2023, MoneyHippo.com